A PLACE TO LAUNCH. A great career. A new direction. The excellent preparation you’ll need to transfer to a four-year institution. Nassau Community College is the place where your most ambitious plans can begin to take shape. Not sure yet what those plans are? That’s actually pretty common. Don’t worry — we’ll give you all the support and opportunities you need to figure out your next steps. NCC does just that for over 23,000 day and evening students and approximately 10,000 continuing and professional students each year.
Your future will take off from our beautiful 225-acre campus in the heart of Long Island — the largest single-campus community college in the state and part of the State University of New York (SUNY) system. You'll find more than 70 fields of study here, with the facilities, technology, small class sizes, and great teaching that will fuel your educational goals.
Our faculty hold doctorates at twice the national rate for community colleges.
More of our faculty have received the SUNY Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Teaching than any other community college in the state.
We are the largest single-campus community college in the state of New York.
Accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and is authorized by the Board of Regents to award two-year associate degrees in arts (AA), science (AS), and applied science(AAS).
Program Accreditations include:
• American Bar Association
• American Board of Funeral Service Education
• American Health Information Management Association
• Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
• Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education of the American Physical Therapy Association
• Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care
• National Association for Schools of Music
• National League for Nursing
• Review Board for Associate Degree in Nursing Programs
• Technology Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (TAC-ABET)