Office for Assessment - About Us
The NCC Office for Academic Assessment and Program Review (OAPR) was founded in 2007. The office is responsible for facilitating ongoing assessment practices, including those related to student outcomes and quality of campus services, and for ensuring adherence to requirements for assessment established by the State University of New York (SUNY) and by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE). The Assistant Vice President of OAPR functions as a resource for faculty, administrators and staff engaged in activities related to assessment of student learning, student services and administrative functions. The office is located at 349 Miller Avenue. Please consult the OAPR directory for telephone and e-mail contact points for information regarding assessment, general education, program review and MSCHE accreditation at NCC.
The mission of the Office for Academic Assessment and Program Review (OAPR) is to support the assessment activities of faculty, administrators and staff, and to ensure that these activities (1) are aligned with the Institutional Mission and Strategic Plan and (2) produce meaningful assessment results, including those related to student outcomes and quality of campus services. Further, the OAPR mission encompasses support and guidance for integrating the processes and results of campus assessment activities into departmental planning processes. OAPR is dedicated to leading development of the campus-wide culture of assessment that is the hallmark of an effective institution of higher education.
Academic Year 2016-2017
For this academic year, the following important activities should be completed:
- Assessment Plans should be refined for all program/department workspaces.
- Assessment Plans should be in place for all course workspaces, so that they are ready for data collection and to accept findings at the end of this academic year.
- Assessment Plans for programs/departments and courses should explicitly include SUNY General Education outcomes, including competencies.
- Curriculum maps must be completed for all programs. All courses serving degree and/or certificate programs should be included in the curriculum maps for these programs. If you need assistance with this process, please contact the Office for Academic Assessment and Program Review so that we can connect you with a Faculty Peer Advisor.
- Included in the review of each department’s annual assessment activities are all program and/or department and course level workspaces, as well as the Annual Assessment Overview. The Annual Assessment Overview consists of the following three sections: Departmental Assessment Committee; Departmental Assessment Plan; and Supplemental Assessment Narrative. All sections must be completed in Taskstream by June 1, 2017, unless an extension has been requested ahead of time.
**For use in assessment: Continuing to be available for faculty development of assessment surveys – Survey Monkey Gold Level Shared Account! (For access, please contact the Office for Academic Assessment and Program Review.)