Transfer Counseling Office
The Transfer Counseling staff assists students in planning their transfer from Nassau Community College to four-year institutions of higher education. In order to facilitate this process, a number of services are provided. Individual counseling appointments can be made by students to assist them in selecting an institution, determine requirements and to complete the application procedure.
Liberal Arts Students who plan to major in Nursing at a four year institution are urged to attend the Pre-Nursing Program which will be held on Thursday, November 8, 2012 in CCB 252 from 11:30m until 12:30 pm. Admission counselors from the local colleges, which offer BS in Nursing, will discuss the requirements for admissions to these programs. This program is NOT designed for students who wish to apply to Nassau’s Nursing Program.
Evening Transfer Program
Tuesday March 12–4:30pm
Our Spring 2013 Evening Transfer Program will be held on Tuesday, March 12, 2013 in the CCB Multipurpose Room from 4:30 pm until 7 pm. Over 30 local private and public institutions will be available. Many private institutions will waive application fees that evening.
Allied Health Program
Thursday, April 18, 2013
Students interested in Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy or Physician's Assistant programs at 4 year institutions should attend the Allied Health Program on Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 11:30 am in CCB 252.
- LIU Post will offer two full tuition scholarships to Nassau graduates for Fall 2013. In order to eligible a student MUST be graduating by May 2012 - no summer classes. A student must also have a 3.8 gpa at Nassau.
- Hofstra University will offer one full tuition scholarship to a Nassau graduate who will be attending Hofstra for Fall 2012
The Transfer Office has a list of other scholarships offered by local institutions. Interested students should register at the Transfer Office, Room 4 Nassau Hall.
The following local colleges will make on site visits to Nassau Community College during the Spring 2013 semester. At these visits students who will be graduating may bring unofficial copies of their transcripts and receive an immediate admissions decisions. They will also receive a preliminary evaluation of transfer credit. Financial aid advisers will discuss scholarship opportunities. Application fees will be waived on these days.
|Tuesday, March 5
|| CCB 251
|Tuesday, March 19
|| CCB 251
|Wednesday, April 3
|| CCB 251
|Tuesday, April 9
|| CCB 251
|Thursday, April 4
|| CCB 251
|Tuesday, April 16
|| CCB 251
|Thursday, April 11
|Thursday, April 25
||10am - 2PM
Colleges/Universities will be available these days to review applications for the Fall 2013 semester. For further information please contact Transfer Counseling in M-4 or 516.572.7127.
Other Important Updates
First Priority Deadline for CUNY for Fall 2013 is February 1, 2013 .These deadlines are particularly important for Baruch and Hunter Colleges. For Fall 2013 students should apply by January 2013 and have Nassau's Registrar send transcripts
Nassau students who graduate may apply to up to four SUNY Schools and have the application fee waived by completing the appropriate section of the SUNY application.
- Individual Transfer Counseling Individual counseling involves an exploration of the student's interest and goals. Transfer options are explored and the process for applying to four‑year colleges and universities is discussed.
- Group Counseling Students are encouraged to participate in the group sessions, where interest and goals can be discussed and shared with the total group. Process is discussed and updated scholarship information is shared.
- Pre‑Law Programs This program is arranged for those students who are interested in majoring in law after completing their bachelor's degree. Representatives from law schools are invited to visit our campus to discuss LSAT preparation. Admission requirements are also discussed. Officers from the Student Bar Association at the law schools share their experiences with interested students.
- Annual Transfer Day Program During the fall semester, usually in October, over 100 institutions of higher education are invited to participate in this annual program, which is held in the physical education complex. From the hours of 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. representatives are available to speak with students, faculty and staff regarding transfer issues.
- Evening Transfer Program During the spring semester over 30 institutions of higher education from the metropolitan area are invited to participate in this annual program. From the hours of 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., representatives are available to speak with students, faculty and staff regarding transfer issues.
- Group information Sessions Group sessions are held throughout the year to discuss the transfer process with students. Students are encouraged to discuss their transfer concerns in a group setting.
- Individual College Visits The Transfer Counseling Office coordinates dates for representatives from other institutions to visit our campus on an individual basis. Representatives are usually placed in building G Lobby, which is very accessible for students.
- Recommendations Dean of Student’s Recommendation Forms are completed by Dean Charmian Smith, College Center Room 312
- Students are now encouraged to apply to SUNY on line. The SUNY application fee is $50.00 per school. Nassau graduates may have this fee waived by completing the appropriate section in the SUNY application. A maximum of four fee waivers is allowed. Students should not use The Common Application if they are applying only to SUNY schools since they lose the application fee waiver.
SUNY Application Processing Center's toll free number is 800.342.3811
- Nassau’s CEEB Code is 2563.
- Nassau’s SUNY Code is 61.
- All applications for CUNY Schools must now be filed on line. Go to the web site and follow the on line instructions. The order that you list schools on the CUNY application is important. If the school you list first accepts you the other schools do not receive your application. The CUNY transfer application fee is $70.00. CUNY applications and initial transcripts are sent to the:
CUNY Processing Center
P.O. Box 359023Brooklyn, NY 11235.
CUNY Central Phone number is 212.997.2869. http://www.cuny.edu
- Students should have an official transcript of all course work at Nassau Community College sent to any college to which they apply.
- They should request that their transcript be sent by the Registrar's Office. For students who are graduating, it is important that a final transcript, with the degree posted on it be sent.
- Transcripts may be ordered electronically from by logging into you MyNCC account
- Transcripts may also be ordered electronically directly from the Nassau Community College Registrar
- Official Transcripts must also be sent from every institution the student has attended.
You may request an Immunization Record from Health Services by completing the request for an Immunization Record form. There is a $5 fee for a copy of your Immunization record. We do NOT fax records out. A copy of your immunization can be mailed to your home address or handed to you. We STRONGLY suggest that you call Student Health Services at 516.572.7123 to confirm that we have your record on file prior to submitting payment to Bursar.