The Harriet Leder Jewish Women’s Studies
$500 Student Award
The Harriet Leder Jewish Women’s Studies Award for $500 is awarded to a female student with a grade average of at least 3.0 who has taken (or is in the process of taking) at least ONE COURSE in or related to JEWISH or WOMEN’S STUDIES and has completed 40 credits or more (preference given to those who have taken 21 credits at NCC). You can apply for this award by submitting a 750-word essay.
The award is granted in May 2011
Deadline for application is March 15, 2011
Read and make sure you meet the minimum requirements to be eligible for the award.
- You are a woman student (of any ethnic or religious background).
- You have completed at least 40 credits. (Preference is given to a student who has completed at least 21 of her credits at NCC.)
- Your grade average is at least 3.0.
- You completed or are in the process of completing at least one course in Jewish and/or Women’s Studies:
- JWS 101 (Intro. to World Jewish Studies)
- WST 101 (Intro. to Women’s Studies)
- WST 201 (Women's Issues in Global Context)
- WST 110 (The Goddess in World Religions)
- ENG 261 (Holocaust Literature)
- ENG 248 (Women Writers)
- ENG 247 (Women in Literature)
- HEB 101, 102, 201, 202 (Beginning Hebrew I or II, Intermediate Hebrew I-II)
- HIS 178 (History of the Black Woman in America)
- HIS 179 (History of the Black Woman in America II)
Download and fill out the application. Please download the application and save it to your personal computer. Be sure to save the application with the name “APPLICATION.”
The Harriet Leder Jewish Women’s Studies Award Application -PDF Download
Select the Essay Option (which follows the application).
Write a 750-Word Essay (maximum of 1,000 words) and save the file as “ESSAY" as a pdf or Microsoft Word document.
E-mail the “APPLICATION” AND “ESSAY” as two attachments to: email@example.com
Application Deadline Information:
The e-mail with the attached application and essay must be received on or before March 15, 2011.
You will receive a confirmation upon the receipt of your e-mail.