Student Art Competition
April 25 – May 26, 2011
Artist’s Reception: Tuesday, May 3rd , 5 – 7 pm
Awards ceremony @ 6 pm
Download the Official Rules
- Eligibillity: Any student who attended Nassau Community College between Spring 2010 semester and Spring 2011 semester is eligible to submit work. All work must have been done while attending art classes at NCC.
- Jury: The show will be juried by The NCC Firehouse Plaza Art Gallery Committee. The jury will select the works that are to be shown and will decide on the awards and prizes. The decision of the jury will be final.
- Categories: All media is eligible. Any questions concerning media,
please contact the Firehouse Gallery directly (516) 572-0619.
All two-dimensional work must be wired and ready for hanging.
Poorly presented work will not be accepted.
All accepted work must remain on exhibit for the full duration of the show.
There will be No exceptions.
- Limit:Three (3) works maximum (No entry fee.) *Insurance is not provided
- Place: The Firehouse Plaza Art Gallery, College Center Building (CCB), plaza level, room 140
Thursday, March 24, 10am – 6pm
Friday, March 25, 11 am – 3pm
Saturday, March 26, 11am – 2pm
Please call the Gallery at (516) 572-0619 to find out if your work has been accepted on
Monday, April 4th, after 10am.
- Pick-Up of Rejected Work:
Monday, April 4th, 10am – 6pm
Tuesday, April 5th, 10 am – 6 pm
All rejected work must be picked up on these dates. The Firehouse Gallery assumes no
responsibility for rejected work that is not removed on this date between these hours.
- Pick-Up of Accepted Works:
- Date: Tuesday, May 31st, 10am – 6pm
All work must be picked up on this day!
Any work left unclaimed after this day will be discarded.
- Entry Forms:
- Forms are available at the Gallery.
- The entry form must be filled out in person at the Gallery.
- Two entry forms must be filled out for for each piece of work being entered.
- Remember to print neatly.